Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015: the road ahead






THANK you for 2014, Alpiniards. We did a lot of work last year. January 2015's first Philip White Freight service is just around the corner, and a whole new year begins. A quick audit of 2014 reveals a dizzying variety of cargo, transported both to and fro. It also highlights the wonder and variety of you marvellous people, those with enough poetry in their soul to live, work or play in the French Alps. I would be the first to admit that driving around in a van is right up there with painting ceilings for fist-eating dreariness. But the people I deal with at either end of every journey are a boundless source of entertainment and pleasure. Some of you are inspired, others inspiring. The odd one is clearly downright mental, which can only be a good thing. In a former life I was a journalist, writing pretty lies about people and their cars in magazines. I remain a professional gossip, which makes you brilliant lot my bread and butter in much more than just a balance sheet kinda way. So merci, mes amis. Have a wonderful 2015 – I'll catch you along the way…

No comments:

Post a Comment